Friday 21 March 2014

Bright Lights/Dark Shadows

This isn't the first time I have exhibited with my partner Derry, but it is the first time we have done so on this scale and purposefully setting out to contrast our very different styles.   

Derry focuses on the colorful and brighter aspects of Second Life while I have a tendency to eliminate all color from my images (Okay, maybe "tendency" isn't quite the right word.) 

Although our styles differ in the extreme, many of the images in this show were taken at the same time on the same sim as we explored Second Life together. (Though it might be a little hard to tell)

Derry's bright and colourful personality comes through in her images, which show her delight with whimsy and fun and the smallest details, though she also strives to make her images as realistic as possible.

"I love it when someone asks if the picture was taken in real life," she says (leaning over my shoulder to check on what I am writing about her.)

For myself, line and form are what an images is all about - colour is a distraction. My goal is to create an emotional response from the viewer - if one of my images make you cry, laugh or just think, I've done my job.  

Bright Lights/DarkShadows opens at 2 p.m. on Saturday, March 22 at Timamoon Arts with the eclectic Pippa Exonar singing jazz, blues, and even a few pop songs. 

By the way, it is also a joint rezday party for us. Derry rezzed in seven years ago on March 21, and I am going to be four years old on March 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment